Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Happy New Year 2016!

Oh, my darlings. I’ve finally recovered from the New Year festivities, and I figure this is as good a time as any to fill you in on just what you can look forward to from me. Aside from drinking wine, that is. I can’t foresee that changing any time soon, so not to worry on that front.

Currently, I’m nearing the end of Heart of a Pirate, which is the first book in long-running fantasy/erotic romance series. It’s an idea I’ve been in love with. It’s sort of like the ultimate in exotic locales. A far-flung world with strange religions, strange creatures, and an awful lot of bare chests along the way, of course.

A bare chest like this:


I mean, just look at that. Glorious, isn’t it?

Beyond that, however, the future is a bit more nebulous. I intend to write the next book of that series (Heart of Absolution), which excites me even more than the first one. And after that, I’m toying with ideas for a new urban fantasy or paranormal book. I’m not quite sure what it would be about, but I enjoy writing things like that. Set here in real-life land and all. Well, nearly real-life land. Close enough that I can write sarcastic, pop-culturally-up-to-date characters. It tickles me.

Also at some point, Street Magic will be coming out. It’s still a little up in the air as to exactly when, but it’s been a long time coming, and I hope it’s well worth the time spent waiting. I’m not allowed to show the cover yet, but I promise you’ll approve.

I also have some more ideas floating about in my head. Little snippets of things, singular scenes. They might see fruition this year, or they might not bear anything for another decade. You just never know with things like that. But I’m continually working and thinking, be sure of that. It would take a hell of a lot to stop this old biddy writing about man flesh.

On a less writing related note, I’ve also decided to take less crap from people. I know what you’re thinking, this raving bitch doesn’t take crap anyway. Well trust me, I do. And this year, I vow to care just a little bit less. I think a lot of people could do to take on that particular challenge. Other than that? Drink more, laugh more, cuddle more with the dogs, drink more, have more sex, have better sex, drink more, travel more, work more, sleep better.

Also drink more.


What about you my darlings? Anything you intend to tackle in the coming year? Let me know and, as always, love yourself. Just maybe not in public.

Raven

No comments: