Friday, December 25, 2015

The Best Gift You Can Give Yourself

No, I’m not talking about love or elf-respect (Whoops. Self-respect. But that typo is so on-theme for the season that I had to leave it in.) or anything serious like that. Besides, if you could just give those to yourself, everyone would already have them.

Elf-Respect. Hehe.

No, I’m talking about something you can actually do to maybe make your day a little brighter. At least your Monday through Friday.

Now, I’m a big fan of Buzzfeed. It’s not like it’s that unique to be a fan, but I am. And they have a great service: Dude a Day. A newsletter that delivers a new dude to your inbox five days a week, complete with a little spot of cute text to accompany it. There aren’t many things I look forward to throughout a normal week. I look forward to whatever show I’m watching (With Into the Badlands over and done with, that’s on hiatus until Once and TWD come back on the air.). I look forward to reading my webcomics (Gunnerkrigg Court for the win!). But every weekday morning, I seriously look forward to my dude. They’re all lovely, and even if you don’t like one day’s selection, you get five a week. Times 52 weeks. That’s 260 dudes every year, plus a few for the rare weekend postings (Like the Twelve Dudes of Christmas they just finished off.).

I actually keep a folder of them. I don’t need them filling my inbox, but I like to keep my favorites for later perusal… and for later stealing, so I can use them to inspire a hero or two. With all names changed to protect the innocent, of course.

So, amid all the giving, if you’re looking for something to give yourself, consider giving yourself a Dude a Day. I wasn’t disappointed, and I doubt you will be either, darlings.

Happy holidays, and many glasses of wine, to you,

Raven

No comments: