Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Torquere Press Call for Submissions

My darling writers! Yes, another post for you, and one I myself am quite excited about.

Torquere Press has recently opened up some new Submission Calls, and their ongoing calls are still open, and still tantalizing, if I do say so myself.

And I do.

MASKS OFF!: Shifters, everyone! Huzzah! As Torquere is 100% male/male, they're looking for male/male stories where at least one (possibly both), shall we say, participants are shifters. What do they shift to? That, my dears, is for you to decide, but be imaginative. It's pretty wide open, with amazing pay: $50.00 and a print copy. The length is 5,000 to 12,000, so hop to! Submit by April 1st, 2012

WEIRD SCIENCE: Think Rocky Horror Picture Show, behind Frank's inconveniently placed curtain. Think Love Potion #9's sexier, hunkier cousin. Anything scientific that leads to, aids, or enhances the nookie is fair game for this. A word of advice--unless it's glaringly original, avoid the 'I'm making asexy monster for sex' situation. It's been done, and to great effect. Same word count specs as Masks Off! and the same pay. Submit by June 1st 2012

And, as always, Torquere has it's longer, ongoing subs (10,000 words and up) open: BIRTHSTONES, SPICE IT UP, and COLOR BOX. If you have a long story you can pull from a birthstone, an herb, a spice, or a color (any color--even heliotrope and chartreuse), whip it out and send it in. And, you lucky you, these are not just M/M--they're LGBT all the way around!

Now, off with you! Write, write!
Raven

No comments: